AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DDEC codes and problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ks8780
Posted 3/30/2013 19:09 (#3002585)
Subject: DDEC codes and problems

Jewell County KS
I have a Massey 5200 4wd farm tractor with a 12.7 series 60 Detroit that gives me fits. The tractor is a 1990 model so I assume it has DDEC 2 or perhaps just DDEC. I really don't know for sure. It does have a fuel cooled ECM and some GM sensors.

Check engine light will come on and then stop engine will light and eventually derate and shutdown. It's been doing this off and on since '94 or so when I bought it. I've cleaned battery connections numerous times and tried to check the wiring the best I could. Usually after checking connections, which are always fine it will work ok for a while.

I've pulled the codes many times and sent it to a shop to get them cleared but for the last several times I've checked them I get the following codes

16----coolant level sensor Hi
32---injection response time short
37 ----?????
43---- low coolant level 7 seconds
48---low fuel pressure ???

Oil and coolant is always fine. Coolant has been low enough a couple times to be below sensor in top tank.

Fuel filters have very few hrs on them.

Am I right in thinking that the only thing that should cause shutdown is oil pressure and coolant level..?

Anybody have any plug wiring diagrams for the ECM so I can check some voltages there.

Any ideas on what to check next ???

Thanks

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)