AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere 582 round baler problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tinman13
Posted 6/1/2012 01:07 (#2408584)
Subject: John Deere 582 round baler problem

A friend of mine has developed a problem with his baler..... It is a 582 silage special, about five years old with the pre-cutter knives if that makes any difference. In the last week or so it does not want to start a bale well at all. It will pack the chamber full of hay until it spits out chopped up grass above the packer or feeder roller, but it has a hard time starting the core turning. Some times the core will start rolling and it will finish a bale fine, most times not. The core will be about 20" in diameter, more of a rectangle shape, not turning with black marks on it from the belts slipping on it. When you open the back the wad of hay looks like a mat of grass folded over on top of itself three or four times. This crop is Rye and Orchard grass that is first cutting, maybe 24" to 36" tall but fairly thick.
He was baling beside another identical baler that was having no problem at all.
The local dealer's tech. guys don't seem to have any ideas and have about given up on it.
I can't find anything bent, broken or otherwise out of place. The belt tension seems good, when it does make a bale it is solid and tight all the way through.
We have run out of ideas on this end. I'm hoping some body has had this problem and can shed a little light on a fix.

Thanks in advance, Steve.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)