AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Drip Tape irrigation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

HedgeCotton
Posted 2/16/2012 07:11 (#2231703)
Subject: Drip Tape irrigation

Nash County, NC
I am interested in using drip tape irrigation for an abstract application. I would like to use the drip tape to irrigate a set of beds in hopes of germininating seeds. In the past, I have used overhead irrigation but that seems to waste a lot of water and I seem to spend a lot of my time fixing sprinklers or pulling out the gun car for a irrigation reel. I am familiar with drip tape and have worked at a location that used it for irrigating strawberries as well as other produce. At that time, I was simply a worker and did not have any exposure to the set up of the system.

My question is about number of emitters per row. The supplier I have been talking to says the majority of the tape is one emitter per foot. He says there are other arrangement but that is what he sells the majority of the time. Also, my plan was to use two tapes per bed, equally spaced appart but it has been recommended that I think about using three tapes instead of two tapes.

I was hope someone would have some experience with a situation like this and not mind helping a novice out!! If you had rather, my email is in my profile.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)