AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can you out yield last year?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

IN555
Posted 6/24/2018 17:58 (#6831619)
Subject: Can you out yield last year?

NW Indiana
I guess I am mainly thinking the areas that had good crops last year. I said last year I was going to have a good corn crop and I did. Actually it was impressive considering the stands. I typically plant 33k and had final stands ranging from 26-30k. A lot of farms set their record yield last year. So this year as of now I'm looking at a crop that I don't think could be any better. It has me wondering though can it really out yield last years?? I mean the stands are perfect and its like this area has been a greenhouse but unless we get that perfect finish like we did last year I'm not convinced it can be better. August last year made an unbelievable amount of bushels. If this year is more normal I just don't see topping last year. Maybe equal it but top it I don't know.

176.6 national is pretty impressive. I think we can out yield that by a bunch if we have a cooler finish but what are the odds?? So I guess I am asking how do you feel about your crop vs last year?? With normal july and august temps can we really do 180??
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)