AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

$34 Million on soybean processing, in Afghanistan? ASA?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Survivor
Posted 3/8/2016 18:47 (#5163876)
Subject: $34 Million on soybean processing, in Afghanistan? ASA?

Moreauville LA
Not machinery, but needs attention.

Maybe I've been sleeping not to hear this, but our American Soybean Association, funded through USDA had this pink elephant built.

http://www.triplepundit.com/2014/07/soybeans-afghanistan/

A few other first hand details I was told today.

ASA gathered "experts" to teach them how to grow beans, at a cost of $250K per week, for security, accommodations and supplies

ASA conducted the decision to use soybeans by having them taste different drinks and they liked the soy drink

ASA had the meetings to teach how to bake with soy flour, but the women couldn't attend

The plant is now dismantled.

Currently there is an initiative to join ASA and USB together. For those unfamiliar, this is a terrible idea and a perfect storm of squandered money. There was a mention by me about the cost to enter the Commodity Classic. The sad part is, those that can afford it the most get in free, eat, sleep, dine and party at our expense.

Perhaps if any of you know your ASA or USB leaders, take the time to question them about the High And Mightiness of their activities and interests. It would be safe to bet that 50% of the checkoff dollars are sent to administration, operation and personal expenses.

I have always felt MY checkoff dollars were fairly well administered on the state level, only because I am a member. Perhaps this has always been the case on the exorbitant spending, but questions need to be asked.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)