AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Old topic but... future of beans and spacing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

c&k farms
Posted 7/21/2015 17:46 (#4692182)
Subject: Old topic but... future of beans and spacing

SC KS
Firstly I scout ground for 25,000 acres 2nd I grew up and farm around all my farmers. This is so you guys know I see and try s lot of things.

I have resistant palmer pigweeds as my summer annual weed and marestail as my spring/summer annual. Most of my farmers plant beans on 30's. Last year I started to notice weed issues, so this winter I told all my farmers we are no longer growing beans the way we have been. We burnt down with 8 oz dicamba + 3 1/2 oz sencor. Then depending on variety, field history, pH, and rotation I recommend either splitting or all pre a total of 2-2.5 oz Valor + 1.5 oz zidua + .33 oz classic. Then posted 1# ae glyphosate + 6 oz anthem or 14 oz outlook. I still have freaking pigweeds coming through 5-7 moas. We are now row cultivating and/or roguing. What do you do different. Do you shift to cultural control and pray like hell your pres holdup til canopy and put beans on narrower rows but lose cultivating option ? There is liberty as long as humidity is present. Extend/dicamba beans I'm not excited for bc... 1. If ru isn't working when was the last time d or dicamba killed a pigweeds in milo? 2. It's one of our last working burn down tools.

Btw my area is classified Coarse soils, mixture of irrigated and dryland (50/50). 20-28" of rain mostly during may through july. Corn wheat beans milo grown. And last year. Pre 2 oz valor, post 1.5 qts warrant. I'll try and respond best I can to any other questions.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)