AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Disappointed in the John Deere 2630
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

cdeklotz
Posted 6/9/2011 19:34 (#1811473)
Subject: Disappointed in the John Deere 2630

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Was given the chance to try a 2630 and after one day on running I have now gone back to my 2600 which works well for the operation I am using it for. We have over 254 clients, therefore I split my cards or for a 2630 have split profiles! Spraying A-J, spraying K-R, spraying S-Z.

The first problem I have with the 2630 is the import/ export times! To import a profile you are talking 2-3 mins and export 15-20mins. Why should I have to wait this long to change profiles when I can switch cards in a 2600 and be loaded and spraying in under 4 mins!

Next problem, since I have to switch profiles a lot when switching clients the 2630 deletes all of the documentation data such as machine, implement, operator, task, weather conditions,chemicals! In the 2600 everytime I switch cards and it goes back to what I have previously sprayed, which doesn't change much unless you go from spraying corn to beans or visa versa.

Last problem I have is with John Deere putting the 2630 in the all new S.M.A.R.T 4940 because the 2630 is not all that smart! Thanks John Deere on your awesome engineering!

Edited by cdeklotz 6/10/2011 07:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)