AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Very frustrating 750 display + Field IQ on sprayer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Brandon
Posted 5/17/2011 22:09 (#1779770)
Subject: Very frustrating 750 display + Field IQ on sprayer

Illinois
The Case IH dealer recently installed a 750 display and Field IQ in my older Patriot sprayer. It had the Dickey John controls previously. After LOTS of unexpected time and expense getting it set up to supposedly work, we cannot get the product rate to apply correctly. It seems like the valve is not opening and closing correctly, because higher speeds drop the rate applied, i.e. the rate seems to be fixed.

The dealer supposedly did a calibration after he decided that the standard flow meter cal # listed on the meter was causing the problem. No fix. Prior to the calibration, high speeds would shut down the flow completely, but the calibration did fix that.

Boom sections are turning off and on automatically as they should, and it appears everything is else is working. The odd thing is that I can adjust the flow while sitting still on manual and using the incremental switch to increase and decrease flow.

One thing on the display I have noticed is that there is an icon of a spray boom at the bottom left corner, and it always reads like it is "off". There is a red X in the icon all the time.

I am all new to the Trimble stuff, and this is getting really frustrating. I am way behind on spraying, and the dealer can't figure this out. Case IH support responded that "it should work okay since he can manually adjust the rate". Basically, they are no help.

My nozzles are the same as I used on the Dickey John system, and they could handle the 15 gallon per minute rate fine.

I have a feeling this is something simple, like a setting in the display. Any help out there?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)