AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wireless network help needed.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

guessrow
Posted 12/26/2010 09:22 (#1507156)
Subject: Wireless network help needed.

Le Sueur VIA St.Thomas
Hello,

I can reinstall a full OS, recover HD's install new hardware,etc, but for the life of me, can't get my head wrapped around this wireless network stuff. I'm hoping someone here will help me out...

I recovered my MIL's computer to a new HD after a failure. I have everything back up and running except the wireless portion of her network. Before the crash (XP), her modem(local wireless internet provider) and wireless router(linksys,G) were in the attic and she had a linksys wireless network adapter (external) at her tower to copmplete the connection. I can not get that configuration to work. The only way I can get her internet connection to work is to have it hardwired to the computer via ethernet, but don't want that cord hanging from the attic.

Anyway, both devices were installed and I remember setting both devices to WEP128 because of a warning that I read somewhere during install. When it is setup without the hardwire, the computer has 'limited or no connectivity' with the network. The linksys wireless network adaptor sees the router, and signal strength is perfect, The adaptor will send 'packets', but never recieve them back.

I have un/replugged stuff, ran the wizards, tried reinstalling, and am now out of ideas of where to go next. Any ideas? My belief is that it is something super easy, like a setting, but just don't know for sure.... Help!?!@#$

good luck -jim
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)