AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Peterbilt Service manual for 379's
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

hf213
Posted 1/9/2021 06:25 (#8735697)
Subject: Peterbilt Service manual for 379's

Hey guys, needing some help in finding a technical / service manual for a 1989 379. My 15 yr old son and I are restoring / rebuilding his truck and turning it from a tractor to a triaxle dump for our farm. He is doing this as part of his FFA and 4H project. We are an independent ag and truck repair shop, but I would like a book for him to reference data per his truck.

I am wanting something that will give electrical and air schematics, air valves and switches troubleshooting / repair / diagnostics, steering trouble shooting and diagnostics, cab / hood adjustments / repair, fuel lines diagrams / valves , axle repair, etc. I checked with my Peterbilt dealer, and everything is proprietary and electronic for the dealer. Parts breakdowns we can get.

I have found some manuals called " Custom Maintenance Manual " on Ebay, is this what Peterbilt would call a "service manual" ?

I have something similar for the old Ford Louisvilles from back in the day, and those are like 4" to 5" thick binder type...THIS is the kind of book we are looking for. I am open to electronic type manuals like a CD, or even a download, IF the data I am asking for is contained.

If any of you have one, could you take a pic of the cover, so we know what we are looking for , for certain.

PIC is what I found on EBAY.

THANKS IN ADVANCE !!!!!

Edited by hf213 1/9/2021 06:27

(Peterbilt tech manual (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Peterbilt tech manual (full).jpg (150KB - 10 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)