AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Well, so that happened
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mrs B
Posted 5/6/2018 20:18 (#6747795)
Subject: Well, so that happened

Highland Center, in Southeast Iowa

The hubs and I worked outside in the yard till nearly dark Friday nite, and I came in and put some salmon filets in the oven to poach and steamed some broccoli for supper.  We both thought the salmon was really good, and we used a lemon from our tree on it. We got showered and went to bed. He had a sneezing fit about the time I got to bed, and neither of us was sleeping, so I went out to the chair till about 3:30. He seemed to be sleeping well when I went back to bed.  He was in the kitchen a few minutes before me yesterday morning, and when I walked in, there he sat with both eyes nearly swelled shut and looking like I'd beat the tar out of him. That sneezing fit was the beginnings of an allergic reaction to the salmon!  I durn near killed the poor guy and didn't even know it!
We don't eat salmon very often at all, but had had some fresh-caught grilled at a wedding party a few years ago and he had no problem at all. He reacted the same way to cocktail shrimp 30+ years ago, and hasn't had any of it since, but we neither one ever dreamed he'd have issues with salmon. Internet research has told me that it's not uncommon to acquire an finned-fish allergy later in life when there's an existing shell-fish allergy. Just a warning.............if you or a loved one has ever had an allergic reaction to one seafood, be cautious with other types.  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)