AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Johndeere 1910 air cart/1890 drill
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

kbb1991
Posted 3/7/2016 20:36 (#5162167)
Subject: Johndeere 1910 air cart/1890 drill

We have recently purchased a used John Deere air drill. We plan on pulling it with a 55 Cat Challenger tractor. We finally got to bring it home today so we took it to the field to make sure the auto steer was working properly with it. We went ahead and ran the fan while we were testing it to see how the hydraulics handled the fan and the constant down pressure. I found an old post on here where somebody had posted a service bulletin where cat recommended putting the fan on the first remote, the down pressure on the second and the wings and other things on the remaining remotes. When hooked up in this manner, when the down pressure is engaged the fan constantly sounds like it is surging up and down, when the down pressure is disengaged it runs smooth like it should. The rpms on the fan dont really reflect anything associated with the sound much but I believe it is doing it so fast it dont have time to catch it. We switched the hoses to the complete opposite, the fan in the number four remote and the down pressure in the first and it cleared up some, it still isnt as smooth sounding as when the down pressure is disengaged but it seemed to be better. The only problem with hooking it up in this configuration is that when the down pressure is engaged it slows the fan down a few hundred rpms, I guess if we have to run it like that we will just have to run the fan a couple hundred rpms higher to compensate. I would appreciate any input. Anyone run this setup or pull an air drill with a 45 or 55 cat.
Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)