AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Best baler for silage and stalks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

jcolli140
Posted 5/23/2021 22:17 (#9021632 - in reply to #9021371)
Subject: RE: Best baler for silage and stalks

SC Wisconsin
I have a kuhn, its a 4x6 with a cutter in it. Ill make 4x5 bales in the wet stuff and 4x6 in dry. The European balers are way ahead of American balers on silage balers. I made some grass/ alfalfa baleage for a guy today, with rain coming they were in a hurry to get it made. When they loaded the bales in the wrapper there was water running out of them. Not what you want as far as feed, but shows you what those balers can do.

I bought mine new, its a couple years old now and has close to 7k bales on it. I broke the main drive chain the other day, its metric but the equivalent of 100 chain. I couldn't find the master link, so I assume it was the master link that failed as I wasn't pushing it hard. Slapped a new link in it and we were back running. That's the first time I've broke anything on that baler, havent even broken a pickup tooth on it yet and I've run thousands of stalk bales through it and some nasty rank sudan, rye, you name it. I run the density maxed out, have from day 1 and it makes rock hard bales that hold their shape very well and spoilage is very minimal on unwrapped stalks that are left outside in rows for q year. Not sure if you can find a good used one in your price range, but it's atleast worth a look.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)