AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

bshannon, could you
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Steve NW WI
Posted 5/18/2021 10:30 (#9011602 - in reply to #9011335)
Subject: RE: bshannon, could you

Star Prairie, WI
I'm a little farther north and west from Barb, but my area gets some feature time from her. Lots of scenic spots to out of towners around here that us locals take for granted all too often. From about the Polk/St Croix county line north is lake country, I've got 8 lakes within 5 miles of me.

Bass Lake Cheese near Somerset has a restaurant/bar on site now, not sure if they do tours of the plant. Sadly, I haven't been there myself yet. Burnett Dairy Coop in Grantsburg is an hour or so north of me, they have a line out the door most weekends for ice cream, as well as darn good cheeses in their cheese store.

I'd recommend just getting a Delorme Atlas of WI and exploring backroads with or without a set destination in mind. I used to do this a lot when I was younger, the only rules I and my "toodling" buddy had were take State/County roads only to the next intersection, and if there's a choice of gravel or paved, always take the gravel.

If you're an ATV or UTV rider, they're great for sightseeing up here, most of the local towns and countys are open for road riding at reduced speed (usually 35mph), but there are exceptions, and the mapping of that isn't always great depending where you're at. Taking an ATV trip on public roads requires local knowledge or some trip planning as it can require visiting a lot of township sites to find their rules. Local clubs are doing a decent job of updating as they can, but they're kind of a victim of their success on that, they get new areas accessible far more often than they can afford to print new maps.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)