AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

bshannon, could you
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

bshannon
Posted 5/18/2021 09:07 (#9011410 - in reply to #9011335)
Subject: Back roads

Pretty much any road in a 4 county area I've covered. Cheese factories; You can watch through the window at Comstock Cheese, a tiny town right on Hwy 63 between Turtle Lake and Cumberland in Barron County. Also I think you can see it at Eau Galle Cheese on Hwy 25 in Pepin County north of Durand. Ellsworth Coop Creamery, I don't know as you can see much there, but they have some of the best cheese curds around, and fresh out of the vat many days. Located in the village of Ellsworth in Pierce County. Drive up along the Mississippi River. Nelson, WI they have a tiny cheese factory and most weekends a line outside waiting to get ice cream cones. located on Hwy 35 in Pepin County. On the way up there's bluffs at Fountain City and Alma where the view is fantastic. Locks & dams at Alma. Danzinger's Winery on top outside Alma has great views, place to relax and lots of wines to choose from. Village of Pepin, Little house on Prairie Museum, neat little shops, another winery and pizzeria and the Pickle Factory restaurant on Lake Pepin. Take Hwy 88 outside Alma up to Praag, and eat at Bucknuckles, a great little bar in the middle of nowhere, with good food and decor like no other is a fun place too. Lots of bike riders take this winding road for the views. Leinenkugels Brewery has neat tour and a great hospitality center in Chippewa Falls WI. Irvine Park there is a hidden gem of a park and zoo as well. Lake Wissota is a very popular recreational lake. If you like fishing, Chetek area has the Chetek chain of lakes with great fishing. Nearby Amish settlements. All these places are within an hour of Menomonie, WI where I live. Oh, and the Red Cedar Bike trail runs several miles along the Red Cedar River outside of Menomonie too. If there's some specific you are interested in shoot me an email or just ask here and I'll see what I can find for you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)