AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Always been curious about HS sports
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

SilverSeeder
Posted 5/17/2021 23:30 (#9010929 - in reply to #9010894)
Subject: RE: Always been curious about HS sports

SEMN
Just like anything in life to each their own. If we all like the same things life would be boring. What’s it matter if the parent(s) are willing to travel any distance so their kid can play ball? I’d rather see them running the tri state area than go home and watch the tube, play x box or I pad. I can remember working on a neighbors combine during archery deer season. I will never forget that he mentioned his daughter was out with her bow and he hoped she wouldn’t get one because if she did he would have to help her. No family ties of hunting, she was the first and only archery let alone deer hunter in the family. I lost some respect for him as a father that day. What’s worse the family that runs the tri state area with their kids or the guy who wants to pick up all the land he can in the tri county area? One groups in it for their kids the other is for themselves. I played hockey, elementary through high school. My dad is a dairy farmer and would flood a rink in pasture for me in winter. I’d do chores and practice skating while he milked. Don’t remember dad making it to any away games or tournaments. He would come to home if time allowed. Didn’t bother me any. My best memory was at try outs I didn’t have a jersey so he pulled my Minnesota moose sweatshirt over my pads. I would do one hockey camp during summer and pass on the rest so I could farm and show cattle. That definitely wouldn’t fly today in hockey. Hockey all year around or your not even on the team. Turned my son off pretty quick. I loved those early morning outside practices. I stacked so many small squares for my dad, neighbor and grandpa to save up for that full visor helmet so I could ditch the cage. Turns out price of cool wasn’t worth it because the cage never fogged but that visor would!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)