AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Always been curious about HS sports
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

timis
Posted 5/17/2021 21:49 (#9010812 - in reply to #9009737)
Subject: RE: Always been curious about HS sports

Iowa
I played in high school. For me football was (at the time) one of the things that molded my character. We had a good coach who cared about boys becoming men, and figured if you do things right winning will follow — and it usually did.

Today my oldest is in 3 sports — what they make them do is crazy. Practice at 5:45, then after school stuff. They put in 50+ hrs a week between school and sports, and then have homework. Then coaches pushing them to do additional training. I’m pretty neutral on it now, I’d be ok with them learning to work hard for someone else like they’ll have to in the real world. Seems like most kids are pompous pricks that won’t even work summer jobs, think it’s mom/dads job to provide for their car, social expenses while they do whatever they want. Many parents go along with this - my response is - you need a car, you need money, you need good grades, you CHOOSE to be in extracurricular activities — if your necessary things are done then by all means enjoy the extra stuff.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)