AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Always been curious about HS sports
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ihmanky
Posted 5/17/2021 12:19 (#9009882 - in reply to #9009737)
Subject: RE: Always been curious about HS sports

KY

Being on a school board for the last several years, alot of these discussions come up.  Someone mentioned travel teams.. and I agree that in some instances, kids are being pushed too much.  In my personal opinion, a sport or two in middle/high school can consume as much time as kids need to have consumed.  Some of them have jobs to boot.  I know a couple that have two girls, 3rd grade and 8th grade.  The 8th grader plays 8th grade and HS softball as well as 8th grade basketball, and both girls play on softball travel teams, often in two different states on weekends.  This past year, they've both found travel teams that have found locations they can play inside all through the winter as well, so there is virtually no off season.  Just seeing the pictures, looks like the youngest loves every minute of it, but the older one appears to be miserable.  She's had some shoulder injuries (pitcher) already, and they go at least 6 days a week, school practices/games all week, travel ball practice and personal trainer/coach sessions and ball games for travel when out of school season.  There's some value in kids just having time to be kids as well.  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)