AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Financial literacy ?????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Licensed to kill
Posted 5/17/2021 09:21 (#9009602 - in reply to #9009263)
Subject: RE: Financial literacy ?????

Northern Alberta
Tiberius - 5/17/2021 05:45

Quite a few people buy a car by looking at the monthly payment. They don't really look at how many monthly payments they will be making.

Back in 2011 I had to get rid of my sprayer (2009 4830) because it was a POS. I went to my JD dealer where I bough it and told them that, because this POS had been such a lemon that if they don't sharpen their pencil REALLY sharp I am changing colours. My sales guy (A REALLY good guy) worked hard to get me a decent trade price. he took me to the "sales manager" to have a talk. At the time, I was looking for a fairly new used unbolt. The sales manager said that he could put me in a NEW machine cheaper. Right away I'm thinking "here we go". His first question was "how much is your payment right now?". TOTALLY irrelevant as far as I'm concerned so I said "I don;t recall". My sales guy said "it's $50,000" I'm thinking "shut up". So the sales manager punches some numbers on the computer and announces that he can put me in a new sprayer for the same payment. I said "REALLY?, I can trade this POS for a new one and only have to pay 2 more payments of $50,000?". Of course he said "no, that would be 5 payments of $50,000". At that point I got REAL quiet. After leaving, My wife said "you are REALLY pissed. I can tell because you got real quiet". I said "what does that dolt take me for, an 18 year old kid buying a pickup?". M
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)