AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another rain bust
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

schmid
Posted 5/17/2021 07:25 (#9009325 - in reply to #9008468)
Subject: RE: Another rain bust

ECIL
packerfan - 5/16/2021 17:00

There is an area here in western Illinois that can’t miss a rain. 2.3” last Monday and another 1.3” yesterday and forecast to get another 2”+ by Tuesday. Some fields aren’t planted yet and no doubt there will be replant to do if it doesn’t get too late. Too much rain sucks as bad as not enough. Hope you dry guys get some and we miss some.

I would prefer it to be dry this time of year instead of too wet. If the guys complaining on here are getting a good stand established they are getting exactly what I would want to start a year out. I feel like getting planted with little compaction and not having drown out spots and thin stands is the ultimate way to set up for a bumper crop. I doubt most of you in the N. Iowa, Minn, and the Dakotas are losing any kind of stand or have stressed crops at this point in the game. Sure having chemical and N laying out on top kinda stinks, I'll agree with that, but thats one of the reasons I won't go "blowing" N on this time of year, and, if it's not raining you probably don't have any weeds germinating either. All it takes is 1 rain to change the pattern you're in right now. Hope it starts raining for you all, but I think I would rather have too dry than too wet like we have now.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)