AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

cool Sheep documentary, Russ in Idaho a ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 5/16/2021 00:44 (#9007407 - in reply to #9006813)
Subject: RE: cool Sheep documentary, Russ in Idaho a ?

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
I'm 3-4 hours away from Frank Shirt's place. It's a sad deal that's happened to Frank and the Soulen family and others as they had to remove sheep from ranges because of Big Horn sheep. https://www.idahopress.com/news/state/clashing-sheep-cultures-in-ida... The sheep industry is dying a painful death in the west. I've never met Frank, however I've worked with Stan Boyd the executive director of Idaho Wool Growers, we've worked in conjunction with them and the Idaho Cattlemen's on grazing issues, and Sage Grouse issues. The IRRC (Idaho Rangelands Resources Commission) is a commission we pay into based on our Federal grazing AUM's to help educate the public on grazing and land use. They do great work, we also have them sponsor workshops, send school teachers to workshops on grazing and wolf management. It's though these funds these videos were made. Thanks for posting the YouTube video, not a lot of sheep around us in south eastern Idaho. We have some that winter with our cattle on Utah BLM in the winter.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)