AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere ITC receiver and WAAS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Bluedog
Posted 5/13/2021 15:58 (#9003581)
Subject: John Deere ITC receiver and WAAS

Nebraska
Have an SP sprayer that I only use the 2600 display for coverage mapping and section control(no autosteer). Thought I'd be able to get by using WAAS with the obsolete ITC receiver and not have to upgrade since I might trade the sprayer. Day 1 I pulled it out of the shed after all winter and it would only be in 3D mode with 20% accuracy even with 11 satellites. A few days later I started the machine and it went right to WAAS with 70% accuracy and stayed there all day. Next day I was only on 3D with 20% accuracy all day. Yesterday I went all morning at 20%, then out of nowhere I got WAAS with 70-80% accuracy and stayed there all day again. Every time it goes to WAAS I'm actually getting a correction signal that is 2-4 seconds old. When its at 20% there is never a correction signal.

Is this how this will work now? intermittently working? John Deere doesn't support the ITC receivers anymore, so they can't help me.

Unfortunately with the 3D it isn't accurate enough for section control, drift was up to 30' one day.

It CAN work, I just don't know why I don't get WAAS all the time.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)