AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DroneDeploy Stand Count Tool
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

GOOSEPILOT
Posted 5/22/2021 13:39 (#9018999 - in reply to #9018738)
Subject: RE: DroneDeploy Stand Count Tool

WC Mn/Dakotas
Not sure, would be interesting to look into. I think would definitely need ground truthing.

Sometimes I see the late emergers that are surrounded by earlier emergers actually throw another pair of leaves later and the tassel is taller. It's just a taller, more spindly plant. The ear might be higher off the ground, but it's located on a lower node and the ear is smaller. Other times if there is a group of late emergers they will be a shorter plant. Sometimes the neighbors flex to fill the gap/late emergers better than others.

Lots of variables, just trying to see what the limitations of various tech realistically are. What can you make actionable decisions from?

As far as yield estimates I can pull ears from specific points based on zones and be very accurate come harvest. May have to scale it all up/down a little, but it's accurate overall. With certain times of sentinel images combined, I can match or often beat cleaned yield data.

Commanding images are taken at known points would raise the bar. Being able to map every plant would be ultimate goal, but that means flying higher I think.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)