AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Irrigation iowa
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

johnny skeptical
Posted 5/11/2021 07:46 (#8999233 - in reply to #8998860)
Subject: RE: Irrigation iowa

n.c.iowa

I think there is a company in Nevada(iowa) there that does work up here that seems to have a good rep. There is also a place near mason city but having a hard time finding a name, but drive by it practically every week.

like others have mentioned water resources should be your first concern, just because a neighbor has pumpable quantities of water doesn’t mean you will.

it seems like in our country if you can’t reliably move 600gpm you’re just kidding yourself. 

the best advice i could give you in that regard it to find yourself a driller in the area that’s been at it for awhile, and he’ll know the underground geography of your area and have some fair to good ideas on how things in that regard will work for you.

for example there’s a half section not too far from me that’s under irrigation, state of the art everything...hired a well driller from out of the area(local driller questioned the ability to drop a well in with enough capacity to keep a couple quarter section pivots happy) well ends up 300’ deeper that first planned, and according to the local well driller they should have went another 300’ foot deeper, water flow is less that hoped for and they are on pumping restrictions because some of the local farm wells were going dry. 

a real cluster “f” ........

10 miles away as the crow flies they can pump all the water they want at half the depth.

Edited by johnny skeptical 5/11/2021 07:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)