AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is this a concern
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Jerry123
Posted 5/10/2021 21:09 (#8998681 - in reply to #8998442)
Subject: RE: Is this a concern

4 miles S of I-74, 6 miles N of I-72
I would use the same planter for both trips. I plant soybeans with a 12 row 30” planter and then make them 15” rows with the same planter. I set the planter on 65000 so I end up with 130000. The rows I run over might be a little slower coming but not much. The planter tractor has duals front and back. I used to do this with markers, I now do it with GPS. I plant 6 rounds then go back and fill in the 15’s. I don’t want to get caught in a rain out. When I did it with markers I only dropped a marker on the 30” pass. I’ve probably done this for 15 or 20 years. The only time I’ve had trouble with emergence is when I had the beans sprayed with a post planting pre emerge chemical and then got a cold rain. There was still enough beans. I might at most lost 10000. I now use two post emerge trips.

It can feel like a long day going across an 80 but I’m old now and I enjoy being in my tractor doing something! I’ve got some young neighbors and nephews who help me fill or get seed etc. that makes my day when one of them rides a round or two with me!

Edited by Jerry123 5/10/2021 21:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)