AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Case IH sprayer experts -- setup help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

chris dds
Posted 5/8/2021 16:24 (#8994236)
Subject: Case IH sprayer experts -- setup help

I have a 3240 sprayer with a pro700 rate controller and Aim Command Pro. It has a 90 foot boom (6 sections) and I want to make it spray 80 ft so that I follow my planter tractor tracks, but still want to be able to spray 90ft to go around field edges. The actual boom sections are plumbed for 15 ft each.

With the AIM Command Pro, I made a nozzle profile that shut off the outside three nozzles on each end of the boom to give me 80 ft. That worked. In the pro700 boom setup, I changed my swath width to 80 ft (960 inches), which also seemed like it worked OK since it gave me guidance lines at 80ft. I sprayed once around my field with AIM and pro700 swath width set for 90, then set AIM to turn off the outside 3 nozzles on each size and set the pro700 swath width to 80 ft....

However, the pro700 rate controller still sets the rate like it's spraying 90 ft. The coverage maps in the pro700 shows 5 ft overlap on each side and the total gallons and acres for the field are too high (but would be correct if it were actually spraying 90ft).

How do I configure the sprayer to spray 80 ft instead of 90? I also tried to make a new implement for an 80 ft boom, But, then it shifted all of boom sections to the right and the overlap control shut off the left section.

Another note -- I am using Climate FieldView, which recorded the acres and gallons like it was spraying 80 ft. Also, when I look at my as applied data in SMS, it shows full swath coverage everywhere in the field -- even for passes where I know parts of the booms were shut-off by the pro700 overlap control. Is that how it works with a pro700 or do I have something set up wrong?

Any help would be great!
Thanks

Edited by chris dds 5/8/2021 17:23
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)