AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Qsx 15 inframe bearing swap in stx 450
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

coastalBend
Posted 5/8/2021 06:11 (#8993343)
Subject: Qsx 15 inframe bearing swap in stx 450

south texas
In reference to my post about the cummins reman, they only had one engine available and the recon division wouldn't guarentee it to me till my payment went through. I offered wire transfer, check, 2 credit cards or cash to local cummins dealer, they wouldnt hold the motor till my accout with the reman division was filled, 48 hrs after wire transfer. They wouldn't give me a time on credit cards and local shop wont take payment for reman division. It all seems very strange in our modern age of digital payments. They also said the refund would take 3 to 6 weeks. They also said next motor available is 90-100 days out. This doesn't fit my time table and the local cummins shop hasn't been the best to work with. For all these reasons ive decided to wait till winter to pull the motor myself and rebuild. If they are this difficult to work with on purchase, how difficult will they be on warranty?

So i was thinking maybe we should check the lower end of the motor. I have never done new bearings inframe. Do yall just roll in same bearings as before or use some device such as plastigauge you determine if a thicker bearing is needed?

Can the motor be lifted up without disconnecting anything to clear axel to remove pan?

Edited by coastalBend 5/8/2021 06:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)