AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Perfect Mouse Trap
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

soya257
Posted 5/8/2021 05:34 (#8993311)
Subject: Perfect Mouse Trap

This winter and spring, I've been trying something different for mice.
I've been putting Black oil pails out around (inside) the machine sheds and other buildings , with a couple of inches of used oil in each one. Don't know if the black pail and the used oil makes a difference in helping get them or not(being the same color).
If there is a place where the mice can get up to the top of the pail, I'd just set the pail beside it and if not I'd put a board up to it so they can run up it.
Then I'd smear some peanut butter down around 3 inches and a little dab on the top of the pail and a little sample of it near the pail , to get them hungry for more.
It really surprised me at the amount on mice that I've been getting and you never know until you move the pail around , or dump it in another pail to see them plop out. I throw them and the bit of oil in the outdoor furnace and no mess.
Even have a pail out in the building where the outdoor furnace is and get a pile of them out there.

I did it before with just the bottom covered in oil and you can see the dead mice, but with the couple of inches of oil they sink to the bottom and there's no smell and you think that you never got any until you tip the pail and see them.
The good thing also is you keep them out all year and you don't have to worry about the oil freezing like water.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)