AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Custom spraying cost?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Licensed to kill
Posted 5/10/2021 08:35 (#8997538 - in reply to #8997513)
Subject: RE: Custom spraying cost?

Northern Alberta
Brandon SWIA - 5/10/2021 07:21

I've considered adding surcharges for rough ground (didn't work ditches in), trees that should be cut, gates, etc. Would probably piss some guys off. I find it's just easier to decline certain jobs. I don't mind spraying small fields if the farmer does what they can to make it easy. We all work with what we're dealt. It's the guys who don't cut trees or work ditches in or split a 40 into 2 crops that make life difficult.

My thoughts exactly. A farmer can't help having small fields or rolly ground but rough ground and sharp lousy ditches and the like are manageable and I no longer let that slide. It's not fair to the guys that go to the trouble and cost to manage their fields to make them less hard on the equipment to charge the same as the guy that either can't be bothered of doesn't want to spend the time/money to make then good. It's their field and they are free to manage them as they see fit but I am not going to absorb the time and wear and tear cost on my equipment to spray their ground. That is why I slow down to a speed which I feel mitigates the wear and tear aspect of rough ground and charge by the hour on ground that is rough and slow going due to management not nature. If it pi$$es them off, good. If they don't want to manage their field conditions i don't want to spray for them anyways.

Edited by Licensed to kill 5/10/2021 08:37
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)