AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader integra split planter 4 rows per variety 12row planter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Allis4ever
Posted 5/7/2021 12:37 (#8992166 - in reply to #8992158)
Subject: RE: Agleader integra split planter 4 rows per variety 12row planter

central iowa
tedbear - 5/7/2021 12:28

Yes, My usual configuration with a 24 row planter with 12 sections is 6 sections or 12 rows on the left and 6 sections or 12 rows on the right for two varieties.

Since our planter is CCS BUT has the regular 1.6 bu boxes also, we can shut off the blower for the CCS tanks and just use the boxes directly. I created a new configuration so that I had 4 sections of 2 rows each for the left, 4 sections of 2 rows each for the center and 4 sections of 2 rows each for the right.

The configuration then allowed me 3 variety choices. I happened to have the left and the center as the same variety and the right as a different variety. Since I have an 8 row corn head this worked out nicely. Auto variety changing handled the variety changes for me. I did need to be certain to be on the correct set of rows.

Some combinations are not possible or will not match up with the corn head so nicely.

One thing to keep in mind if i remember correctly is it you try to change configurations using these different set ups as ted has explained you will (or used to anyway) lose your coverage map. So let's say you plant your endrows using a two hybrid config then switch to a 3 hybrid config you won't have the end rows coverage for your clutches. Or at least is used to be that way, haven't tried it in many years.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)