AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ford or Dodge
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Glenn W.
Posted 5/6/2021 15:24 (#8990742 - in reply to #8990433)
Subject: RE: Ford or Dodge

Southeast Washington
Mayhem - 5/5/2021 21:32

I don’t think this subject gets hashed over near often enough here. Looking at 1/2 ton crewcab pickups between 2015 and 2020. I like the Fords but only with the V8 5.0 engine. I think the two EcoBoosts will be expensive to maintain after 100,000+ miles. I like the looks of the Dodge but they’re made of steel and rust ruins everything made of steel here. I won’t buy a 5.7 hemi because they eat lifters and camshafts, so that leaves the V-6 which is probably underpowered. I don’t know, haven’t driven one yet but mileage is supposed to be pretty good. They can be had cheaper than a Ford. I won’t buy a Chevy. Am I flawed in my thinking? Sometimes the internet can supply way too much information.

Sounds like you have your mind made up and the main thing it works for you. In my area nobody would come to the same answer as you. I love my 06 Duramax for running around in. More power than any you list with comparable mileage and pulling anything the Duramax will walk away from any of your choices. I know now a 1/2 ton but will do the same thing and more.

Enjoy whatever you get. There are a lot of choices out there.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)