AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Minnesota company has lost my business
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

gene_champ
Posted 5/6/2021 20:30 (#8991102 - in reply to #8990195)
Subject: RE: Minnesota company has lost my business

NC Iowa
Sadly most boot companies have moved production overseas. I ran into that with my favorite boots.
From a search.

We decided to test this 60% claim. We took a look at every single work boot style available on the Red Wing website and where they are made. Here is a breakdown of their origin, according to the website.

Made in USA – 25.8%Made in the USA with Imported Materials – 18.7%Assembled in the USA with Imported Components – 1.0%Made in Cambodia – 15.2%Made in China – 28.8%Made in Vietnam – 10.6%

Although we did not look at Red Wing’s entire set of products, our results are rather disappointing with only 25.8% of work boots being fully made in the USA. If you’d like to take a look for yourself, Red Wing lists the country of origin in the “About” section of each of their product pages (screenshot below).

Popular American Made Red Wing ProductsMen’s SuperSole 6-Inch BootMen’s LoggerMax 9-Inch Logger BootMen’s TruWelt ChukkaMen’s SuperSole 2.0 6-Inch BootMen’s Traction Tred 9-Inch Pull-On BootPopular Red Wing Products Not Made in the USAMen’s King Toe Oxford – CambodiaMen’s FlexForce 6-Inch Boot – ChinaMen’s Traction Tred 6-Inch Boot – VietnamMen’s King Toe 6-Inch Boot – CambodiaFind an American Made AlternativeBest Men’s Work Boots Made in the USABest Women’s Work Boots Made in the USAFull List of Shoes Made in the USARelated ArticlesAre Keens made in the USA?Is L.L. Bean made in the USA?

Have You Seen Our YouTube Channel Yet?

New videos every month on how to find products made in the USA, which companies to avoid, exclusive interviews with great American made brands, reviews, and more.

Check It Out

Post navigation

Previous Post

Next Post

About The Author

Mike

Mike is our head researcher and reviews tools, sporting equipment, and a variety of other products.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)