AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Does it look like the majority aren't getting the shot?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

JD714
Posted 5/6/2021 13:25 (#8990606 - in reply to #8990447)
Subject: RE: Does it look like the majority aren't getting the shot?

Indiana
Chris - 5/6/2021 11:42

paul the original - 5/6/2021 09:30 The unfortunate thing is the conflicting info we get on the vax. First, it will save us all, back to normal! Over time, now..... Well, you still need to wear a mask. Well, you still might get the virus, it just won’t be as bad. Well, it might not last very long, maybe a year, maybe only 6 months. Well, there are variations showing up, so you aren’t safe anyhow but well, the vax does help for all variations but well maybe it doesn’t.... I can’t keep up...... And so some folks just start to tune it out. Nothing originally said seems to be true, so why believe what they say now? The experts allowed to talk publicly aren’t giving us facts, they are influencing us. That doesn’t sit well with some people. Seems it was a very wrong direction to take? As the other fella says, if I do the math it seems quite a few have taken the vax, and quite a few have had the virus and natural antibodies, and we all realize quite a few more had the virus And antibodies and don’t really know it. We assume, but don’t know, there is some natural immunity to most all viruses and this one probably has some percentage of that as well. Originally we were told 60% or more immunity would break the virus, now we are told what, 80%? Or more? What is true any more, the goal posts keep moving. And so it all gets tuned out after a while. People go on with their lives. I think our governor is slightly opening up requiring masks outdoors this week? The past 4 weeks, I’ve seen a lot less masks indoors, and didn’t know anyone had to wear a mask out on the sidewalk. People are just tired of the endless contradictions and changing goalposts. It doesn’t make any sense any more. What was supposedly settled science last week is totally different this week. That is unfortunate, as I agree the virus is a real deal, and it does carry some risk to it, and should be worked through scientifically. But we seem to get social media, not science, driving any of this. To the point most people I know tune it all out any more. With a very few shrill exceptions that are scared mindless. Any ‘official’ talking about the virus no longer has any credibility, they are treated like adults in the Peanuts movies. Waaa waaa waaa is all one hears. I wish it were different. But the officials kinda set themselves up for that didn’t they? it appears most people are more scared of not living, vs those who are scared of dying. I view that as a good thing at this point. I’m scared of not living. Paul

I think you're correct in many ways.  I'm just disappointed that so many people focus on the here and now aspect of Covid-19.  That is, only a few hundred thousand have died, but even the CDC never mentions anything about the number of people suffering long term after affects.  It would be interesting and informative to know but I doubt it's going to happen. Years from now we may discover that there were complications that arose just like polio, measles, chickenpox, Human papillomavirus.  That's not only a possibility, but a likely.  Won't be a problem for people my age but the younger people who contracted the disease may have significant issues.

Always appreciate your posts.

We have not been long term yet, maybe there will be problems maybe there will not, why live scared? life is short not matter how you look at it so just enjoy things will take care of themselves in time.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)