AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

7 pin powering frame box on DB60 blowing fuse
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/6/2021 07:32 (#8989993 - in reply to #8989703)
Subject: RE: 7 pin powering frame box on DB60 blowing fuse

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
When we first connected our 1770NT planter this year, we could not get it to unfold. My great nephew noticed that the CCS tank level light was NOT on. It should have been since the planter was empty. He removed and reinserted the 7 pin plug and then the light came on. We were then able to unfold the planter.

So keep this in mind that a working tank sensor can act as an indicator of the power situation.

Later, we had an issue with the agitator in the CCS hopper. I tried tracing the wires back to the tractor. In so doing I noticed that the 7 pin connector plug had obviously over heated at one time. We were able to rob another off of a sprayer that was not being used. This was not really the problem with the agitator although the plug needed replacing.

The problem with the agitator seems to have been a corroded drive component. The agitator is driven by a windshield wiper motor. There is a drive coupler between the windshield wiper splined tapered shaft and the agitator shaft. The coupler uses a cotter key which acts as a shear device. Since the wiper motor and shaft are not in perfect alignment, the coupler and key make a crude universal joint. Our coupler had become corroded on the shaft which prevented it from allowing for the slight misalignment meaning the agitator turned extra hard during part of it rotation. We cleaned up the coupler and applied some Never Seize inside it. The agitator was fine for the remainder of the season.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)