AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

450 Versatile Tractor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

c_mayer
Posted 5/7/2021 06:40 (#8991576 - in reply to #8990202)
Subject: RE: 450 Versatile Tractor

Jeffersonville, OH
boog - 5/6/2021 10:11

Neibor has a 450DT, turned to 500+go, we have a tired 550. Both tractors have had issues with the DPF systems, mainly sensors, but ours missed a recall & Cummins put a new engine in it before we bought it.

Ours is a little noisier in the cab than our previous 4wds but has close to 100 more hp than what they had. Biggest complaint we have with ours is the CAT ps transmission is hard to shift between F&R, sometimes have to move lever back to N & do it again a few times. Also it's can be like a jack rabbit letting the clutch out, seems. Neighbors quit using theirs on a grain cart because of that

Put a new shift lever in it if you haven't, the early ones were junk.

Surprising you have had DPF issues, we had our first Versatile DPF issue a few weeks ago on an early 2012 500. Thermostat stuck open, causing the engine to run cold enough that it wouldn't heat up the DPF. New thermostat, and a 6 hour parked REGEN, and back to working. I have not heard many issues with the DPF on these.

When we were getting ready to do the parked regen, I called my Versatile service rep, who has been the same since we started in 2002 and asked what to expect. His response "not sure, never had to do one" Tells me there aren't a ton of issues with them.

Chris
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)