AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deere Sprayer question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/6/2021 08:27 (#8990125 - in reply to #8989019)
Subject: RE: Deere Sprayer question

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Most of my spraying has been done with either a Raven or Ag Leader system. Since these systems are flow based only, they use volume to set the low limit.

I had a Deere 4720 for a while. It used the brown box for rate control but I added an Ag Leader system for section control, mapping etc. The Deere system still handled rate control. With it I was able to set the low limit based on pressure since the Deer system uses flow for rate control but pressure for the minimum settings. This was easier to work with in some respects since I could just enter a minimum pressure that I wanted to maintain or stay above.

I got rid of the 4720 and have used an Ag Leader system again. Setting the low level is not really an issue for me since I don't use a wide variety of tips. To set the low limit, I need to do a little math. I check the flow rate of the tips I'm using at the minimum pressure I wish to maintain. I multiply the value for one tip times the total number of tips. This gives me the minimum volume/min I need to stay at or above. I enter this value into the system.

Another approach is to watch the Vol/min in manual and decrease the rate until I detect a problem with tip checkoff or a poor pattern. I note the Vol/min where this happens and enter in a slightly larger number for the low limit.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)