AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Alaskan RV Rental....or NOT
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

KSUFarmer
Posted 5/6/2021 20:52 (#8991149 - in reply to #8989158)
Subject: RE: Alaskan RV Rental....or NOT

Good post. We lived up there for 3 years and don't feel like we saw everything and we were going constantly. It is a wonderful place.

There are multiple RV rental places in Anchorage. Just make sure you have places booked to stay as everything fills up. Now that COVID is calming down, I would expect the tourist traffic to kick up a few notches. There are tons of places to just pull over though. Walmarts and grocery store parking lots become RV parks too.

I would say see the port towns in the south for the most bang for your buck- Seward, Valdez, Homer. Anything up to Denali National park is good too. I agree with someone else, I'd skip Fairbanks. Just not much there compared to everywhere else.

There are some nice flight tours out of the Anchorage airport. They have the busiest floatplane field in the world and it's fun to just sit and watch planes there. K2 is a flight service that has nice planes and is fun to fly with.

Alaska is so big. You will never see it all without living there for a while. I'd do at least 2 weeks if I were you. Enjoy what you can see. It's my favorite place in the world.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)