AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farmer moves stone -- and national border.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

BOGTROTTER
Posted 5/5/2021 21:31 (#8989441 - in reply to #8988749)
Subject: RE: Farmer moves stone -- and national border.

Kingston,Mi
The illustration of the boundary marker was well identified for its purpose, and if I read the story correctly the marker was in a woods. Far more serious that the genius that moved a lath marking one of a series of property line pins between my farm and the neighbors (that I rented). They built a deer hunting blind that straddled the property line, when caught, they moved the lath to "show" that it was on their property. Except every 200 feet was a pin and lath, not hard to line up 2 points and discover that the moved lath was not in line with the other markers.

The state bought the frontage along all properties when the road was rebuilt in the 1960's to gain ground to establish reasonable side slopes in grade cuts. Each point of deflection is marked by a 4 inch square concrete post about 30 inches tall. All four sides are marked with p l lettering for property line. They must be buried fairly deep because I struck one with a combine after dark. The first combine past it on the state side of the boundary and as the second combine, I caught it about 5 feet in from the end on a 13 foot header. Never moved the boundary post but took out several slats on the reel, a hand full of guards and sections.

Edited by BOGTROTTER 5/5/2021 21:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)