AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dealing with rye. Options And opinions needed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

irbigb
Posted 5/6/2021 07:45 (#8990020 - in reply to #8989224)
Subject: RE: Dealing with rye. Options And opinions needed

Wildcat385 - 5/5/2021 18:18

irbigb - 5/5/2021 16:03

tigershark_Ky - 5/5/2021 10:34

This is my first year combing it I think next year I will discbine and bale it in early June/ late may before it is ready and just plant full season beans
Thanks again for all the feedback

Next year could you plant any Clearfield or Coaxium wheat varieties? Clearfield wheat with beyond sprayed on it will kill all the rye and leave the wheat. The Coaxium wheat uses a different herbicide (agressor). Those are options in our area with people fighting wild rye. Not sure if those options are available and labeled for your area, but it would really clean things up.

You may suppress it some with Aggressor, this our first year with coaxium wheat, and we are seeing mixed results. Definitely thinned the rye, but is not going to get all of it. Beyond on Clearfield wheat works great on cheat, downy brome, and joint grass, but it will not even suppress rye. You would be lucky to get 40-50% control of heavy rye infestation with Beyond.

You must have quite a bit tougher rye varieties. We are in a dry rocky area where the edges of most fields turn into pasture absolutely littered with volunteer rye in the northern parts of our county. The Clearfield system has been very effective here.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)