AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Are you mechanical?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

John Burns
Posted 5/5/2021 05:37 (#8988118 - in reply to #8987932)
Subject: RE: Are you mechanical?

Pittsburg, Kansas

In my early years my desire for big machinery did not fit my modest budget. So I would buy the half worn out big stuff the big farmers had traded up at some auction (several of my tractors came from the Sikeston Missouri auctions), rebuild and often paint it up so it looked new, and ran older junk.

I used to love to weld and turn wrenches in the 60x80 shop we finally built.

Now Mark I am like you. Would just as soon be doing something else. I just don't have the urge to turn wrenches or weld any more. Would rather be on the motorcycle or like you doing something other than fighting the snow and cold in the winter.

I guess doing something for around 50 years maybe I just got enough of it.

The last couple weeks has been busy getting ready for our Auction on the 15th. 50 years of accumulation has about got our large truck shed filled up with small stuff. Lot of dollars invested in filters and belts and all sorts of stuff I might get ten cents on the dollar. But I'm looking forward for it being gone and someone else treasure.

Nephews are farming our ground now and the corn they planted looks like an excellent job. As good or better than I would have done myself. That is a good feeling and I have no regrets of not being involved with it this spring.

Wish this covid thing would get over. Cramping my retirement style.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)