AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FmX wont respond after firmware downgrade
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

corey6969
Posted 5/4/2021 19:15 (#8987526)
Subject: FmX wont respond after firmware downgrade

Ward County, North Dakota
Hi,
I need to downgrade the firmware to version 4 so I can use it with my ez boom 2010. The fmx worked with the version 10 that was installed on it, i flashed version 6 firmware to see if it would work and now it either gets stuck on the boot screen or it will boot to the main screen and wont respond to any touches, it just beeps. Eventually it will show a popup that says it cant talk to the ez steer box, I also cant clear that window either.

Is there a way to flash a firmware file without having to use the upgrade button since the touchscreen wont respond. Like a special key sequence on boot and it would just automatically load firmware from usb.(I know tons of electronics do that now a days)

I tried doing a hard reset with the bright and dim keys, turning the unit on and then releasing the bright and dim keys when the screen dims after about 30 seconds. Is that the correct procedure for that ? If so that didnt help either.

Thanks in advance, it seems hard to find tech info for trimble stuff or maybe I just havent looked in the right place.

Edited by corey6969 5/4/2021 19:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)