AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Does anyone else find this ironic
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 5/4/2021 16:19 (#8987269 - in reply to #8987238)
Subject: RE: Does anyone else find this ironic

Carlsoncl, ethics is something packers don't have, or we wouldn't even be having these conversations. We got done helping a neighbor truck his FS cattle out today, so a couple of us went to local café for some lunch. Well the instructor for a local technical college had his truck driving students in there, he had two young female students and one male. I was impressed these girls were getting a CDL, I knew the instructor as he trucked cows on the side, and has hauled for me, we B.S. and in talking to this one girl her granddad was from my home town, I had rented pasture from him for quite a while. Plus when we were ready to leave the waitress came to my table and plopped a stack of cash down. I asked what's this? She said well the new neighbor you dug his septic tank free last night, and got it flowing for him, came in first thing this morning as he left for work and left 100 dollar bill for her to pay for our meals, because you wouldn't take any money last night. I told that young couple last night at 10 p.m. I give first septic tank dig and first burial free, after that I charge.

So I still am thinking this world is savable, but some days are more of a challenge than others. Instructor told me one trucking company came to their school last week needing 4,000 drivers. Someday this world might get on track.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)