AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Narrow side by sides, UTV
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

150pilot
Posted 5/4/2021 11:27 (#8986889)
Subject: Narrow side by sides, UTV

New London, Wisconsin
Narrow UTV's are on my list for a few reasons. First of which is my dirt bike desire has changed a bit now that I am almost 65 years old, my wheelie and power slide days are likely behind me. Second is picking the occasional rock or stick out of the field is easier on a UTV. Third is it's a bit more practical crop scouter and spot sprayer that a dirt bike.

Sooo... what to buy?

I have 20 inch rows and this machine WILL go down those rows without damaging plants or I will go back to the dirt bike idea. That leaves me with only a smaller narrow track option for UTV's.

Honda makes a Pioneer 500 that seems interesting. It has a lot of good features, but lacks the dump box.

Kawasaki Mule SX has lots of good points, but not a lot of suspension.

Kymco is sold buy a local dealer, and I have no experience with it, but he likes them and the company seems good from what I have learned so far. Perhaps having more features for the money.

What experiences have you had with these models? Are there others I should consider?

I don't plan any racing or rough trail riding. Mostly a farm tool and occasional run to a local burger place within 2 miles by road. They are street legal here. My fields are reasonably smooth so the Mule makes sense, until you hit a pivot rut. Dealer support and resale are important. A minimum frills slower reliable UTV seems to be my speed. 30 mph top end is fine. Grand kids can get in less trouble that way.

Your ideas are welcomed

Jim
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)