AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Post driver questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 5/4/2021 06:07 (#8986311 - in reply to #8985698)
Subject: RE: Post driver questions

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
I got the Montana 1000E last fall, I also put the 2' extension on it to drive 12' wood posts. It's a heavy beast, but that in itself helps drive posts. Sometimes when driving 2 7/8" pipe I never hammer it, just push down. However I've drove woods that are 6" dia. sharpened and drilled 5" pilot holes and have been a bugger to get down though a hard pan. As soon as I get the job finished I bought the 2' extension for it's coming off. Tough to see post top and alignment while using it. I want to say that 2' extension weighs 500 lbs. off the top of my head. My buddy has the Danuser SM40 Hammer It works ok for him, he wanted to go to a Montana driver, but his old Danuser broke, he had a time line to finish a government job so the only driver he could get that week was the Danuser to get job finished.

I looked at a Premier Hyd. driver, hands down the Montana is heavier built. The one I would like to see is the Peer Built driver, never been around one. I've got a Danuser T3 diver, my opinion it's just for T posts in my country, don't waste your time using it on 2 7/8" pipe here. Montana also has a driver like the T3 called a T-Rex driver I've never seen one of them used.

I run my Montana driver on a Case 95 XT, I know with all that weight on it, some days it made me pucker a little being at 10' high with that extension on it. But I just watched what I was doing and got along ok. I guess my opinion is the hyd. vibratory action is what I feels helps drive posts here better than just hammering them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)