AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Planter offset GS2
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

EastOnfarmer
Posted 5/4/2021 09:03 (#8986675 - in reply to #8986509)
Subject: RE: Planter offset GS2

Eastern Ontario, Canada
I would put your planter in the ground and get up to planting speed and stop and measure from the center of you tire marks (make sure tires are centered on tractor first) to the center of the outside opener on each side to see if it is different. also measure the planter itself. just hook on the shank near the depth adjustment and go along the rows. you'd be surprised how many discrepancies there can be on even factory built delivered planters.

there are many places things can go wrong. I have had gps for many years and planted on SF1 and always had trouble with guess rows but shifted the line often to be right on or very close. Got SF3 for this year and had a bit of issues still. took planter off and went to field and drove down the AB and came back and was almost 2 inches off of my tire marks. after lots of measuring come to find that my entire cab is to the left 0.4 inches of center and also my receiver is 0.4 inches to the left as well. for a total of 0.8 inches left off center for the receiver. that would make up an almost 2 inch wide and narrow guess row. So make sure to start with the tractor by itself also.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)