AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Our road trip!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

TGreen1980
Posted 5/2/2021 19:37 (#8983808)
Subject: Our road trip!

Central Pa.
My wife was looking for a bigger boat and I just so happened to find one on here. I got prices on hauling it and she said will just go get it ourselves, so it was going to be rainy here in central PA and I figured what the heck lets go! So we set out friday morning to Morton, IIL. We hit rain off and on until we got on the other side of Ohio on I70, You guys around Lancaster, OH got some rain!! We seen fields with standing water that looked to knee deep! Being a homegrown central PA farmer I've always heard and watched you tube video's of the mid west but never had the chance to lay eyes on what you guys farm.......I'm speechless to be honest, I think we seen more grain bins than people!!! lol I wanted to see some planters or fieldwork being done on that scale but very little activity. We were NOT disappointed one bit, from the people we talked to along the way and just being able to put our own two eyes on what you guys farm! Don't get me wrong I'm blessed to be able to farm on the 180 acres that I do but I sure would love to know what its like to not have to lift the planter for limestone ledges either! I drove us out and back in one shot and given the chance, I'd do it all over again but the next time we might not come back to PA!! :) Awesome country you guys farm!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)