AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Jd 8770 4wd auto trac HELP
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

nebjamin25
Posted 5/1/2021 11:18 (#8981718 - in reply to #8980949)
Subject: RE: Jd 8770 4wd auto trac HELP

Michfarmer52 - 4/30/2021 21:07

Have a jd 8770 4wd with atu 200, 3000 receiver, and brown box. Went through set up, imputing all correct heights and measurements. Did TCM calibration twice. Set all parameters per the book as far as line sensitivity, etc. Once the tractor on the line, it wants to "weave" back and forth. I've tried tweeking the settings and didn't help much. What do I need to do to get this to stay straight on the line???? Thanks in advance!!

On those 4WD tractors, you can jack up the Line Sensitivity Tracking setting. I don't remember exact value, but I'm thinking 250. If that doesn't help, you can reduce that Line Sensitivity Heading a little (down to 70 or so). One last trick is reducing the receivers height from +100 inches down to 80 inches. Getting the receiver closer to the ground reducing the "correcting" that the receiver will try to do for your implement's path.

If the steering is aggressively over correcting then the settings are too high, if the over steering is lazy then the sensitivities may be too low.

Also, try to start on the correct line to begin with. Those 200's aren't the best at acquiring the line to begin with.

Hope this helps!

Edited by nebjamin25 5/1/2021 11:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)