AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cheap Lightbar for Sprayer Tractor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Matrixbird
Posted 4/29/2021 20:27 (#8979417 - in reply to #8979255)
Subject: RE: Cheap Lightbar for Sprayer Tractor

EC Illinois
Eric from Canada - 4/29/2021 18:42

There is an app for android phones/tablets called Farm Navigator, it’s free with a few ads or you can buy it for a few bucks. It uses your device’s gps to let you set A-B lines and give you a lightbar. Obviously your phone’s gps isn’t all that precise, but you can get a bluetooth gps receiver like the garmin glo that will be much better. For a couple hundred dollars you can get a cheap android tablet, bluetooth gps receiver, tablet holder and a charger.
Try the app out for free if you have an android device, or try to borrow one from a friend. You can get an idea of how it works just walking around a parking lot, large yard, etc.

If you are really ambitious you can build your own autosteer system for around $1000, look up AgOpenGPS. They have a community of DIY people who developed open source software and have shared hardware lists for how they built their systems.

Wow, that's super interesting. I just happened to get an android tablet for my wheelman GPS, but I can use it for this too. Much appreciated my friend.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)