AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

InCommand Coverage Logging and Clutch Problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/27/2021 11:09 (#8975418 - in reply to #8975378)
Subject: RE: InCommand Coverage Logging and Clutch Problem

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Your confusion may be related to an implement switch. With clutches AND population (STTM), the clutch module must have an implement switch attached to it. If you are using an Auxiliary Input Module you must have some type of switch box attached to it. It is quite likely that you are using the Ag Leader dumb switch box that has the green and brown connectors to plug into the Auxiliary Input Module. Other switch boxes are possible to use but they need some trickery internally.

OK, suppose you have the 10 switch with Master connected to your Auxiliary Input Module. Try to find the input module diagnostics to check if your switches are doing their job. Remember the switches are just inputs and don't directly control the seed clutches or spray valves in a sprayer. If you find the input module diagnostics screen, it should show a bunch of boxes that are gray, black or green. Your F1-F11 boxes should be black if they are OFF and Green if they are ON, The other boxes such as E1, E2, F12 etc. should all be gray. Gray means no switch was found. Black means a switch was found at the location but it was OFF. Green means a switch was found and it was ON.

Flip all the switches ON/OFF and watch the color change. There is a slight delay for the color to change so don't get in a big hurry. If you can reliably get the box color to change between black and green, you switches are connected properly and fully mated.

Another screen to check is the switch assignments page. This is a chart that tells what switch works with what. By default this should show F1 as the Master and F2 for the left half of the planter (could be several sections) and F3 for the right half of the planter (could be the remaining sections). You can change this and it sounds as if you did. That is fine but is really unnecessary since auto swath will shut them off section by section anyway. The only reason to split them up to more switches would be if you purposely wanted to stop a section yourself with the switch. This is highly unlikely.

You mention that that with the Master ON and switches 1-4 OFF, the planter plants. That should not happen since you have removed permission for all sections to plant (if the configuration is correct). I would suspect that there is confusion with the implement switch, the air line layout or the air system. The air clutches should disconnect the drive for a row if the implement switch says the planter is UP, the Master is OFF, that section switch is OFF or auto swath says that areas already been planted. Only when all these conditions are met should the system allow the row to plant.

I am doing essentially the same thing with an InCommand, STTM for population and Clutches. An important thing to remember is that the system uses electricity to STOP planting. In your case that is to open the air valves to let air from the air tank get to the Tru-Count clutches to cause them to STOP planting. If your planter is planting with the section switches OFF (it shouldn't be) then the air valves are not opening or there is not enough air to cause the Tru-Counts to STOP planting. I had Tru-Counts on a previous planter and I believe the air tank pressure needed to be 80 PSI or more.

Concerning the logging icon, the system will (should) take care of this itself and the planter representation on the screen should show whether a section is planting or not. Unless I'm missing something ISOBUS is not involved with what you are trying to do.

Concerning your airline plumbing. A single line should come out of the air tank and lead to your single valve box. The valve box can handle four sections and would have four output air lines. Each of those branches needs a tee to split and go to both rows for each pair. Pin A of the 6 pin Weather Pack is 12V and should go to each air valv inside the air valve box. Pin B is the potential ground to activate Section 1, Pin C is the potential ground to activate Section 2 etc.

Edited by tedbear 4/27/2021 11:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)