AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Are you a grocery shopper label reader?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

redoak
Posted 4/26/2021 06:22 (#8973436)
Subject: Are you a grocery shopper label reader?

sw ontario
Getting groceries with my wife yesterday she was always looking for the 'food' labeled low fat or deuced calories,ect....

She has a hard time finding low fat cheese so when she does I ask her to check the label with regular cheese and then I see her put it back on the shelf and buy the regulat Kraft. Also looking at label on some pancake sugar juice and the low fat actually isn't as good or any better than most regular syrups. And then there is the non-gmo crazy labels on coconuts,ect. and 'organic' bananas....

Interesting how companies spin sales like pork or chicken with 'no added hormones' or anti biotic free were every piece of meat is anti biotic free when its processed otherwise it tossed in rendering pile and you will get a visit from a gov't druhg police.

Lastly my wife is on the thin side, me, built more like a lot of older farmers, all this low cal./ low fat maybe is ok but if you eat twice as much does it matter. A lot more about portion size . Years ago a fast food hamburger,fries & drink was same size as what 'kids meals' are now.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)